Once you've successfully imported our pre-built container to your GTM account, you will want to do the following:
- Enable Preview Mode in GTM
- Page by Page QA: Step through each page of your store to validate the proper tags are firing and variables are accurate
- Validate the hits are sending to Google Analytics
This should take 10-15 minutes in total. If you have any questions or get stuck please chat us for assistance.
Enable Preview Mode in GTM
Inside of GTM, after you've imported our container, click in "Preview" in the top right hand corner of the page.
Page by Page QA
Now that your GTM account is in preview mode, you can go to your website and verify each page fires successfully by viewing the browser console at the bottom of the screen:
You will want to review the following pages:
- Collection page
- Search page
- Product page(s) (if you have multiple product page types like parent and child only, you will want to check each type)
- Checkout (if on Shopify Plus)
- Thank You Page
- CMS and Blog pages
- Logged In
If you are replacing your sitewide Google Analytics tracking (for Shopify Plus users), every page should have the UA Pageview tag that fires.
For Shopify and Shopify Plus stores, on each page you can verify that the proper data is populating in the dataLayer by using your GTM console:
If you have any questions or missing data please feel free to chat us!